1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare fruit. Slice fruit into similar sizes. Place in 8x10” (or similar size) baking dish. Top with sugar, flour, and salt. Carefully stir until evenly coated. Set aside.
3. Make cobbler. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Slice in butter. Incorporate butter using your hands. Snap the butter chunks in between your thumb and middle finger. Not interested in getting your hands messy? Use a pastry knife instead to incorporate butter. Pour in buttermilk and incorporate with your hands until just combined. Drop the mixture evenly on top of the fruit.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Fruit will be bubbling and the crust will barely golden at the edges.
5. Garnish and serve. Top with a handful of fresh berries. Scoop cobbler onto plates while still warm. Top with a dollop of homemade whipped cream or ice cream.
View blog post