Imagine all the smells, tastes and textures of an Irish Market. The fragrant grass-fed cheeses, the smoky cured meats and fishes, the cracked breads and the assorted herbs, vegetables and oils. Hungry yet? Combine all your favorites on one plate and serve it to party guests as a taste of Ireland or simply enjoy at home with family as a gourmet weekend snack.
- 4 ounces Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese
- 4 ounces Kerrygold Reserve Cheddar Cheese
- 4 ounces Kerrygold Blarney Castle Cheese
- 8 ounces smoked trout
- 8 ounces cold-smoked salmon, sliced
- 8 ounces prosciutto or smoked ham, sliced
- 8 ounces roast beef, sliced
- 1 smoked duck or chicken breast, sliced
- Pear and Dried Cranberry Chutney (recipe follows)
- Brown bread and rustic sourdough bread
- Roasted red peppers, sliced cucumber, grainy mustard, extra virgin olive oil (optional)
Slice Kerrygold cheeses; arrange cheeses, fish, meats and poultry on a decorative platter. Place chutney in a bowl; slice bread and arrange in a basket or on a plate. Serve with roasted peppers, cucumber, mustard and olive oil for drizzling, if desired. Serves 6.
Pear and Dried Cranberry Chutney
In heavy saucepan, heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil over medium heat. Add 1 cup chopped onion; cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until soft. Add 3 Bosc pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice, 3/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar, 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger, 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. ground cloves and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, about 30 minutes or until pears are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated. Refrigerate, covered. Serve at room temperature.